- The ceremony was a in a quaint little chapel and featured a harp player for the procession/recession and music during the ceremony.
- The bride (Paula) was just beautiful, and the bridesmaids were very elegant in strapless black gowns. The roses were a deep, dark pink and very striking.
- We had a cocktail party between the wedding and the reception for Mark's cousins. We only see them once in a while, but we always enjoy getting together them. It was a sunny, warm day and perfect for hanging out on the porch and patio. There was a lot of wine involved.
- The reception was at the exclusive Oak Hill Country Club, and featured an open-bar cocktail party on the patio (with the harpist, again), followed by a delicious dinner (we chose the beef: filet mignon with huge shrimp). The tables were appointed with amazing bouquets that looked like they came right out of a designer magazine.
- Each layer of the cake was adorned with the same deep pink roses, and the cake had three different layer choices: carrot cake, cheesecake, and traditional chocolate wedding cake - yum!
It's interesting to catch a glimpse of how the "other half" lives (although it's probably more like the other 1/10th). Oh, to be one of the beautiful people...