English Muffin Pizzas, Coming Right Up!

Two of my least favorite things to do are going grocery shopping and cooking dinner during the week. On the weekends, I need to carve out an hour or so to go grocery shopping (which interferes with my lazy coffee/bagel/reading-the-paper-time, and often conflicts with nap time), an agonizingly mundane activity during which I buy the same items week after week. The irony is that I actually do like preparing a meal if it's something I can plan and take my time making (while sipping a glass of wine and listening to my favorite songs on the radio or my iPod). Who doesn't watch those shows on the food network or flip through a magazine and think, "I could make that." So, when I can, I collect interesting meal ideas and recipes and plan a nice weekend dinner (often inviting a friend or relative to join us).

But that's not what I'm talking about here when I talk about cooking being one of my least favorite things to do. I'm talking about getting home at 5:00pm to two hungry kids who want one of the following items:

  • Tacos (Cameron)
  • Fettuccine Alfredo (both kids)
  • Homemade Mac-n-cheese (Cameron), or
  • Tuna Melts (both kids)

It's at this time that my worst cooking skills emerge. Make it quick! Eat it fast! -YUCK. Attempts to make "good food" during the week are met with protests (from the junior members of the family) and disgusted looks on their faces, as they pull out the cereal to have while we enjoy our chicken french.

No wonder we like to eat out so much!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move