Winter Makes Me Cranky

Perhaps you have noticed that I have not been posting much. It's mostly because this cold, dark, rainy, snowy February has been the longest shortest month. When I get home from work, all I want to do is to get into my fluffy clothes, eat dinner, take pup for a quick walk after dinner, and head upstairs to my "cave" to read, watch TV or some online show, and head to bed around 8:30 - 9pm if I really push it. I'm certainly not getting the most out of my days (which also makes me cranky), and it seems I'm just biding my time, waiting for the next season to arrive. So, all of this makes me very cranky.

In addition to winter in general, other things that are making me cranky these days:

  • Owing income taxes
  • Mom's house is still not sold
  • My waistline is expanding and I have not exercised, per my New Year's resolution. 
Things that make me moderately cranky:
  • Cam got an "I" (incomplete) grade in the fall term that he as not yet resolved. Grrrr... GET.IT.DONE.
  • Cam had a phone interview for a really cool job in Baltimore (not cranky), but has not yet heard if he'll be invited down for an interview (cranky). I told him he should probably follow up today. It would be nice to have something lined up before he graduates.
  • I will probably be booking our trip to Ireland in the next month (this makes me both cranky/not cranky since I have to wait for another paycheck - or two).
  • Last week we had a whopper of a snow storm. Cranky: the snow was a pain in the *ss to deal with. Not Cranky: SNOW DAY!
Things that make me not at all cranky:
  • I paid off the Honda today (Yay!).
  • Annalisse is coming home tomorrow and we'll have a fun family weekend.
  • We had a fun birthday celebration with Cam and his roommates at Havana Cabana. Five strapping boys, appetizers, fancy drinks and dinners all around - not a cheap bill, but a fun night !!
  • On Saturday, we had a great dinner with friends at Victoire, followed by an excellent rendition of To Kill a Mockngbird at Geva.
  • Daylight savings time is coming in two weeks, and the first day of spring, on the calendar anyway, is just around the corner.
  • In April, Cam will fly to San Diego to present (poster presentation) at the ASBMB conference (I haven't heard of it either...)
And, there's no way you could feel cranky after watching this:


Finally, this is a leap year! Let's make the most of our extra day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move