Busy + Lazy + Depressing News = No Blog Entries

Hey, Fabulous B@ker Bloggers, so sorry I've been away. I have obviously gotten out of the habit of blogging, at a minimum on Sundays. How can it be that it is almost Thanksgiving? (TURKEY.)

Truthfully, there's not much to tell. The days are "shorter," and  definitely colder, and by the time I get home from work all I want to do is put on my sweatpants and fluffy socks and watch English period dramas on Netflix. (I'm kind of running out...I even had to watch "Jane Eyre," which I really didn't enjoy. I couldn't even finish "Great Expectations.")

Of course, there is stuff going on all around me, most of which is not great: Mark's mom is facing an uncertain medical diagnosis, Paris has been devastated by last week's terror attack, Massena is facing upwards of 500 Alcoa layoffs which will be last nail in the coffin for my little town (not to mention my Mother's house will never sell now), and Montreal is dumping 2 billion gallons of raw sewage into the St. Lawrence River. Maybe the reason I haven't blogged is that the news is so bad all around?

As always, there are bright spots. We are looking forward to planning a trip to Ireland in June (after Annalisse's study abroad in Florence, Italy), the kids semester will be ending in less than a month (only one semester left for Cam...and no more RIT tuition!), and my girlfriends visited last weekend for a fun Finger Lakes wine tour. I am also contemplating taking all of next week off since we only work 2 1/2 days (definitely something to look forward to). Still, though, the news has been super depressing and that, combined with darker, cold days makes me long for summer sunshine. And you wonder why I love warm, sunny summer?

So, looking forward to some downtime next week (pedis?) and spending time with beloved family. I will try not to be away for so long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move