Nein! Nein! Nein!

If this day had turned out as expected, Annalisse would be somewhere over the Atlantic right now.  Instead, she sits upstairs, really upset, not knowing at this point where the plans for the exchange trip to Germany stand.

It all started as can be expected, with an excited group of students checking in at noon for their 2:10pm flight to Newark (connecting to Munich). Soon enough we started to hear hear rumblings of a delay due to storms in the Northeast. The kids said goodbye and headed out to security, and "us parents" were instructed to hang around and wait until the kids were on board, "just in case." Good thing. By 6:30 we called it a day. The flight was cancelled and as I write this we still don't know what the future plans are.

So upstairs she sits, the last place in the world she wants to be/expected to be this Friday night. And downstairs we sit, feeling super bad for her and all of her travel friends. Stay tuned for updates...

6.23.12 Update: The kids will catch a bus from Fairport to Philly on Sunday morning at 6:30am for an 8:30pm flight to Frankfurt (it only takes five hours to get to Philadelphia...sounds like a long day at the airport...), from which they'll take a bus to Krumbach, which will take around two hours. If all goes according to schedule they should reach their families by 2 or 3pm on Monday.


Popular posts from this blog


A. Ham