Dreams of Martin Street

For the last two nights I've had dreams of my Nonnie's house on Martin Street. It's been pretty weird, consisting of situations where we're going through the stuff that existed when she lived there and discussing meaningful momentos.

The house on Martin Street is now for sale since my Uncle Joe passed away last November. It's a real shame that no one in the family can take it over, having been in the family since probably the mid-1930's. The house as it stands today does not exactly look the same on the outside, but the basic design still exists on the inside - enough to evoke strong, wonderful memories.

You've read about my childhood spent as part of a big Italian family (Nonnie had 11 siblilings, two of which had passed away by the time I was born) several times before, including this post and this one, and most of that time was spent in the house on Martin Street, which was a magnet for nightly extended family activity. In fact, five of Nonnie's siblings lived right Martin Street, and two lived just around the corner. Two other brothers lived within two miles. The only member of our family still living on Martin Street is Aunt Carol (93? 94?), who is actually on my Grandfather's side of the family.

How fortunate I was to have lived during such a special time that bridged the generations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move