The Family Historian

We're just back from a tiring but good trip up north to Massena. In two visit-filled days we were able to see my mother, several aunts, my uncle, cousins, my niece and a handful of friends. A hightlight: stopping into the Dairy Queen for a chocolate-dipped vanilla custard (the kids LOVE the DQ). On Sunday morning, my 7th grade boyfriend, Pete, treated us to a ride down the St. Lawrence in his boat. As the morning started out the skies looked threatening, but it turned out to be a nice sunny day for a ride.

We stopped "up the hill" to see Aunt Carol Chase (who is technically my father's first cousin), who will turn 88 next week. We had a quick chat and a walk around her beautiful lawn/garden. I've always enjoyed spending time with Aunt Carol (who still lives in the same house her father built in the early 1900s), and chatting about the family history, as well as current events. She never strayed far from home and did not travel very much in her lifetime, but I always thought she possessed a very worldly view of things. Her health has been declining lately, especially with a recent fall in her yard, so I wanted to be sure we were able to spend some time with her on this visit.

On the way home we stopped by The River House restaurant in Pulaski that's owned by one of my many cousins. So, I'm back to my other life now, the kids are ready to chill out for a day or two, and I'm ready to head back to work tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move