Vacation Countdown

While I know we should not dismiss our moments as we wait for others to arrive, I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS VACATION. One more week until I'm off for 10 days, and I really feel like I need the downtime. It's been a crazy, stressful fall and I just want to chill out at home and work on some once-a-year projects like:
  • Clean out the cellar and arrange all the garage sale stuff (dreaming of June - there I go not living in the moment again...)
  • File two years worth of kids "to keep" stuff in their memory bins in the attic
  • Put approx. 700 pictures into photo albums (this idea deserve a blog entry all its own)
  • Take down the wallpaper in Mark's cave to get it ready for painting in February
  • Relocate all the games in the cupboards to make room for the 30 photo albums
Of course, beyond the projects, on the vacation list are (these mostly go without saying):
  • Sleep late
  • Walk with pup to get coffee every morning
  • Take naps
  • Get up to see Mary for quick overnight if the weather allows
  • Don't eat too much (very hard this time of year)
So, ONE MORE WEEK. Give me strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move