An end to washing dishes like a pioneer

Little things mean a lot. Especially, when it comes to my new dishwasher.

Some background: Our dishwasher gasped its last breath back in April. At the time, we didn't want to run out and get one (financially), and, I reasoned: I washed dishes by hand for nine years when we lived in our first house, and there were even two babies involved, so I should be able to wash dishes without a dishwasher for a little while, at least. Besides, I really don't mind doing dishes and actually find it a little relaxing; queuing up my fave tunes and settling in for a little scrubbing.

Except that, for whatever reason, my tap water doesn't get hot enough to really get the dishes clean and every time I wash dishes I have to boil a kettle of water. REAL OLD, REAL SOON. Why not then, you ask, get a dishwasher sooner? Well, the reason is probably one that many will think is odd...

My laptop died right around the same time as my dishwasher. It came down to deciding what I wanted more: a new laptop or a new dishwasher. Since the dishwasher gig wasn't all that bad and I really wanted a new laptop, the laptop won.

Now, eight months down the line I've had it with having to boil a kettle of water in order to do the dishes. So, on Tuesday we headed out to Sears and got our new dishwasher. I warned everyone in the house to resist the urge to remind me that I "got a new dishwasher for Christmas," because surely if it was my present I would have chosen something a little more exciting (like my awesome new winter coat that feels like I'm wearing a fluffy, down pillow!). So, our new Bosch dishwasher was delivered on Tuesday, it all it's shiny, stainless steel glory. Last night I ran the first load through and it's nice to have sparkly, super clean dishes, glasses, and silverware again!

In other house renovation news: the Renovation 2011 projects are underway. In late January, we're having the moulding put up in the back room (Mark's cave) in preparation for Jeff, our painter, to paint that room. We are also having the side entryway and Annalisse's room painted in early February. So, while I have my projects lined up for this week, so does Mark: he's stripping wallpaper off "The Cave" walls. Little by little, we are marking stuff off "THE LIST."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move