Mulch Madness!

As often happens, this year we recognized that we would like to mulch the beds around the house, which is fine, but FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S ALMOST SEPTEMBER. Anyway, we recently had two yards of mulch delivered, and once that happens Mark is obsessed with getting the beds cleaned out and the mulch spread. He takes great pride in his home, inside and out, and it shows with our beautiful gardens. While I do help, he really gets the most credit, and it feels really good to both of us at the end of the day to have a well kept lawn and surrounding plant beds. That being said, two yards was not enough for the all the areas and another two yards are being delivered tomorrow. Sigh.

For a couple of years I've wanted to remedy are really problematic section of our yard, which is a Y shaped pathway leading from the side yard to the patio. My suggestion was to replace the flat stones that serve as walkway (which are constantly surrounded by weeds that grow faster than I can pull them) with pebble stones. I finally convinced Mark to give it a try and it looks AWESOME. That whole section of the yard now looks neater and brighter. I love it.
At the end of a busy day, there is absolutely nothing like laying in the hammock in our back yard looking up into the tree above. It is extremely relaxing and I've taken many a nap there this summer. Ah, paradise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move