Comfort in the Routine

Isn't it funny how, in the weeks leading up to a vacation or a break, you can't wait to have a change of routine, pace and scenery, then by the time you get home you are looking forward to getting back into the routine? We humans, always wanting the opposite of what we have!

That's what it feels like for me right now. It's been non-stop since the kids got out of school, and Mark and I (mostly "I") have been on the go a lot in the last month. Of course, Cam has been gone (to Germany, then camp) since June 25 (I think we counted that he's been home for maybe 10 days in the last month-and-a-half), and Annalisse has been enjoying our family vacations, time traveling with her friend, Mo, and a week at camp herself. No wonder the years seem to fly by!!

This morning for the first time in what seems like months we're heading to the Fairport farmer's market to stock up on fruits and vegetables, and will also make a stop at the meat market to fill the freezer with one of their "meat" package specials (i.e. 2 lbs of this, 3 lbs of that). As a result of our crazy schedules (and the fact that there's usually only 1-2 people home at any one time) we've been eating out a lot. So my comfort in the routine will come from having fresh food in the house and making meals at home. CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT? ME, WHO REALLY DISLIKES COOKING?

See, we always want the opposite of what we have. I'm thinking I'll last a couple of days and then head out to McCardles for the Tuesday pasta special!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move