The Quick Trip up North

This weekend we took a quick trip up to Massena to visit relatives. I really hate to shortchange the folks up there with our time, but theses days it's harder and harder to get away because of weekend commitments. So, we headed up after crew practice on Saturday and got there in time to take my mother out to dinner. I must say, the restaurants up there are really good. We ate at An Italian Affair, and it's one of our favorites (along with Violi's and Hebert's Steak Ranch), took a quick trip to the mall to check out the sales at Hackett's, and then headed to the DQ for a chocolate dipped cone.

In our 24 hour whirlwind tour we also managed to stop by and see my Aunt, have breakfast with my cousin Jean, and take a trip TO ANOTHER COUNTRY (okay, just Canada) to visit relatives there. It always amazes me that we can drive 10 miles and be in a different culture where people speak another language and eat different foods. When I take the time to think about it, it's pretty cool, actually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move