Not a Huge Fan of Crowds

We went to the Lilac Festival last night. Oh, you've heard of it? If you're from Rochester there's no way you could not hear of it. The wafting scent of fragrant lilacs combined with the heavy smell of fried dough - there's nothing like it. And yes, we went on a Monday night. Around 7pm. I must confess, I CANNOT stand crowds or standing in a long line for ANYTHING anymore (I'm not sure I ever could). It's a theme that has been emerging the older I get. Breckenridge during mud season when most of the stores are closed? Works for me! Nantucket in early May before high season? No crowds, but some restaurants aren't open yet. Vermont at Veteran's Day? Hey...I can actually walk around this store! Disney? Forget it unless we can get there mid-January. When I actually did go to Disney for the first time last year for a conference, I bought an after-hours ticket for the Magic Kingdom (which was within walking distance of my hotel), headed over at 4pm, stood in a relatively quick line for "It's a Small World," walked around the park once, and headed back to my hotel by 5:30. So, that's done. The crowds were even a bit much in the late afternoon the last week in April. I cannot even imagine what it must be like when everyone is there for spring break. And the mother of all crowds to avoid: Black Friday. Those people who get up at 4pm to get $20 off a DVD player have got to be the most outrageous of all (I realize I may offend some readers, many of which are my relatives, who love this crazy activity but, YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move