My Dream Mother's Day

My dream Mother's Day: getting up late, walking with the dog to get my multi-flavored Green Mountain coffee, coming home and leisurely eating my darkly toasted everything bagel with lots of butter while I slowly and quietly peruse the Sunday paper. I'd take a shower eventually, maybe after my nap, and maybe watch movie or two that I've been dying to see. The day would probably also include a nice walk with the dog, and maybe dinner at one of my many favorite restaurants - or a cookout dinner at home. I'd fall into bed at night, already relaxed from my day, and get a great night's sleep so I could wake up refreshed and ready to face the work week on Monday. Oh! And the dog would sleep quietly and would not wander around and jump on-and-off the bed all night.

My actual Mother's Day: the alarm rang at 6:15, and I jumped into the shower to get ready for church and teaching the little darlings at Sunday school. Then home for a quick run up to the field with the dog, then over to a dog-friend's house to get some rocks for our gardens, then over to Lena's for a Mother's Day brunch, then home for 45 minutes, then over to Pat's for dinner, then home for a walk with the dog, then collapse into bed (with a couple of loads of laundry and regular chores thrown in).

Don't get me wrong! Even though it was busier than I would have liked, it still had a great Mother's Day! The kids gave me what I requested: peace (no fighting or whining), harmony (absolutely no fighting or whining), and cooperation (I used the Mother's Day excuse to have them take out the dog, clean their rooms, empty the dishwasher, ect.).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move