A Look Back, A Look Forward

Can you believe today is the last day of 2007? As I'm sure many others do, I have been thinking back through the events of 2007, as well looking forward to improvements and changes I hope to make in 2008. This review is mixed with some sadness and a lot of hope. Where did the year go?

Not too much about 2007 stands out as being particularly "great." It was a run-of-the-mill sort of year, with a couple of major disappointments and a couple of shining moments. Among the disappointments: losing our sweet dog Casey in April and our long-time-companion cat, Bailey, in July. Gaining our new wonderful family member, Jasper, in June offset some of the sadness, and we look forward to a great new year with him. Mostly we just lived our lives in 2007, got a little older, watched beloved relatives as they got a little older, too, and celebrated the every day triumphs!

Looking forward to 2008: I noticed in the last several months that I don't have as much patience (and understanding and kindess) as I would like to. That's one of the major things I'm going to work on in 2008. I would also like to work on paying more attention to my relationships, and trying to reach out to friends and family a little better. I think 2008 is mostly going to be about reaching out and trying to reconnect - to gain a little bit of the personal connection back that I have sacrificed to the hurried routine and obligations of everyday life. And, as always, I want to eat better and walk more!

For Baker Blog readers far and wide, we wish you a healthy and happy 2008!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move