Don't make me say it again!

I'm sorry to bore you with this, but I once again have to sing the praises of living in Fairport. It all started with the street party on Friday night. Closing off the street, eating great food, sharing great conversation and the enjoyment of watching the kids having a ball with each other - it doesn't get much better! For many of the kids, they claim it's the "funnest night of the year." The day threatened rain, but we ended up with a really nice, cool, clear night that ended at 10:30pm with a bonfire at the neighbor's place across the street. Heaven!

On Saturday, the kids braved the drizzling rain to wash cars for the Fairport Crew Car Wash fundraiser. I know, I know! It seems a little redundant (or unnecessary?) to wash cars in the rain, but what the heck! They still did pretty well with a steady stream of cars going through. On Saturday night we had some friends for dinner (they didn't taste like chicken), and the autumnal table (their words, not mine) was adorned by a bouquet of beautiful big-faced sunflowers I had gotten at the market. It was a fun night with great food and great company!

The busy weekend was a preview of the busy week to come. Do I hear those Christmas bells chiming in the not-to-distant-future? NOOOOOOOOO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move