Stop The Clock!!

It was with much anxiety that I changed my work calendar today when I took down "July" and put up "September." You see, I have one of those cool poster calendars that double as art on my office wall, so I always have two months worth up: the current month and the month that follows. Since July is pretty much over, September went up, and that's when the trouble started.

WHERE THE HECK HAS THIS YEAR GONE? Don't even get me started on the fact that we are on the other side of the year and it's a slippery slope right into hanging the tree and wrapping presents. Just ridiculous! In August the days get noticeably shorter (or as Mark continues to remind me: they don't get shorter, they're still 24 hours long), and the lazy days of summer (for whom?) are overshadowed by the structure and routine that characterizes fall.

I think I'm going to be one of those people who has a really hard time with getting older. The years pass in a blink, and before you know it my kids will be touring assisted care facilities trying to find a good place for me that will let me bring my dog along.

On that note, HAPPY AUGUST!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move