Build the Ark So We Can Go Out For Dinner

My yard is mushroom heaven due to the unrelenting rain we've had all summer. What is up with the rain? I think I heard a statistic that this is the rainiest, coldest summer since sometime in the 1860's (which is probably when they started keeping records). I would take pictures of the mammoth and plentiful spore-bearing fungi but my camera has pooped out and I'm waiting to get a new one.

The kids are back at camp for another week (it's Cam's first actual work of week), and that means another week of eating out. If you sense the lack of excitement, as indicated by the fact that I did not capitalize those words or use an exclamation point, you're onto something. My waistline is still recovering from our last week of eating out, and all the weeks in between. So, I think it will be the "Week of Eating Out - lite." I'll keep you posted on our selection of culinary delights this week.

On a house note: Mom (so glad she's home!) came over for dinner on Friday night and stayed until 11pm (way past my bedtime!) hanging pictures and helping us with furniture arrangement. The house finally looks like someone lives in it again! Curtains are up, pictures are hung, and all is really cozy. Next up: when our rug arrives from Turkey, we'll travel to DC to pick it up and then go shopping for new furniture! (Again, once I get my new camera I'll post new pix...it looks awesome!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move