Don't Leave the North Country Without One!

I'll be traveling up north tomorrow for Monday graduate fairs, and when I get there (or somewhere along the way) I will have to stop for a Jrecks sub. Only people who have experienced the oily goodness of a Jrecks sub can attest to the ingredients being the perfect combination of meat, cheese, lettuce, and dressings all cradled in a manageably soft sub roll (what is it with these sub shops in Rochester [and elsewhere]? Do they think my mouth opens to the size of a grapefruit? How am I supposed to eat the gigantic hard crusted subs they all have??). Ask anyone from Northern New York - I challenge you to find someone who has left that area who does not obsess about stopping for a Jrecks sub when they "go home." If you feel like going to a Jrecks and impersonating me, here's what you say as you move through the line:

"1/2 ham and provolone cheese on white, mayonnaise-Russian-and-oil, everything but pickles, hot peppers, and shakers."

Of course, with every magical moment there comes not-so-magical moments about an hour later. We call it "Jrecks Revenge," and let's just say you should keep an eye out for the nearest restroom after you enjoy your sub.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move