Many Updates, Little Time

Boy, that was a long stretch since my last post! The blog drought was not for lack of news, but for lack of time. There's been a lot going on in preparation for the kids' return to school. Just between you and me (and all the Internet universe), I think I'm one of the only people who, in a way, dreads the start of school because of the busyness, rushing and academic pressure involved.

On Wednesday, September 8, at 5:30am, we were off an running. After a summer of staying up late (and getting up really late), the kids were surely suffering by Thursday afternoon when they both fell asleep after school. When I got home from work on Friday it was the same scenario, and out of pity I let them sleep until 5:30pm. Let's hope they start to re-balance the sleep/school time as we enter the second week.

Before the "magic" day, though, there was school supply shopping and our neighbor's annual backyard movie night featuring old reels from the 30's, 40's and 50's (and probably the 60's). This year it started to rain just as the first movie started, so we didn't stay long enough to enjoy the old favorites like Jiminy Cricket and Johnny Appleseed. Still, it was good fun!

Perhaps the most exciting news of all is that after a year-and-a-half
on borrowed time, and three months since the (timely) demise of our Dell PC, WE FINALLY GOT OUR MACBOOK PRO!! Of course, it's never a good time financially for that sort of thing but since Cam returned from his job at camp and Annalisse is done with all her vacationing, I was really feeling the pinch of not having access to a computer at home. So, I spent all last weekend getting our new "toy" settled and even hooked up the wireless printer that we got for "free" with our purchase. I absolutely love it! (A snarky aside: Even though Mark is a System's Engineer he knows zilch, nothing, nada, about PCs and home networks. Good thing I love technology and consider myself a tehno geek!!).

Sometimes, when I'm so busy, I remind myself that there will come a time when the kids are grown and I'm not working full-time when I will have SO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS that I can watch and read whatever I want...and dream of days when I was busier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move