Judy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Week

This week was the perfect storm of maladies for me. It all started a little over a week ago when a bump on my leg took on an otherworldly appearance in the form of an angry, red, boil-like-ready-to-burst skin volcano. After urging from Mark and Mom Shiao all weekend to go to Urgent Care, I decided to wait it out and see my regular doctor on Monday (by which time the "boil" had begun to drain and was already feeling better). According to Dr. Sorge, my affliction was not a boil but a soft tissue infection in my leg often caused by bacteria or a staph infection; I have no idea what set it off.

So, after a course of antibiotics and heat for the last week, my leg is looking decidedly better. The rest of my body, though, is having its own challenges. My loving son was kind enough to pass on his cold, complete with constant sneezing, a non-productive cough, and a low-grade fever thrown in, which I've been battling in earnest since Wednesday. Today is Saturday, and I'm still not feeling very energetic or strong. I'm pretty sure it's not the H1N1 virus since there has not been a lot of the other symptoms, but it's been enough to keep me in the house and on the couch all week (as if i needed another reason to take a nap).

And today I'd better get that nap, for tonight we will be overrun by ghouls, princesses and monsters. Now, if I could only get up the energy to carve that pumpkin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move