Not a Morning Person After All?

One of the things I claim is that I'm a morning person and totally useless after 8:30pm. With all the occasions for early rising lately (kid's trips, our NYC trip, and yesterday's crew regatta when we had to be in Buffalo by 7am), I'm not so sure. Getting up at 4:15am is really doing a number on me. Now, instead of not being able to function past 8:30pm, I'm ready for the sack by 7:30pm: eyes glazed over, unable to get out of the chair, all that good stuff. It seems to be all catching up with me. I'm now more able to sympathize with those early morning DJs and talk show hosts who basically have no life in the evenings!

The reason for yesterday's early rise, the crew regatta in Buffalo, was really interesting - a little like a tent city where all parties descended in the morning, set up a full kitchen for the day, and cleared out quickly when the event was done. Since both of the kids had just joined crew, they weren't quite up to speed to participate, but we expect (hope?) they'll see some action at THIS WEEKEND's regatta in Saratoga (a.k.a. "States"). Mark and I have volunteered to ride with the kids on the buses there and back, so that will be relaxing (and a good opportunity to catch up on my reading).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move