Summer Daze

I know the lawns are getting brown. I know it's sometimes hard to sleep at night with all this heat. BUT I LOVE IT! This weekend has been a banner one, with beautiful weather and time spent with good friends. It simply doesn't get any better.

The weekend started with a quick trip to Massena for my 35th reunion. I just went only for the Friday night get together, as Mark and I needed to attend our dear friend Kay's dad's memorial celebration on Saturday. Mark could not come along as he can't get away from work (having just taken two weeks vacation), so I started the day in Massena with lunch with my sisters and cousins, followed by a listing of Mom's house with a new agent and a party for Aunt Carol's 96th birthday.

Later in the day I joined my girl's (and Ken, Sue's husband) for dinner at Sabad's before heading to the reunion get together at the Massena Country Club. As always, it was great reconnecting with friends (and ignoring those who I never really liked - there! I said it!), and I noticed it tends to be the same people who go to these reunions, and those who NEVER go. Still, it was a fun time.

Then, Saturday I left my sister Carol's house around 6:30am to make it back to Dale's celebration (held at a beautiful location on Lake Ontario) by 11:30am. After that, I came home and took a nap (yes!), before we had a little bonfire get together with friends.

On Sunday we woke up and had a nice family breakfast before Mark, Annalisse and I headed out to look at cars, and Cam headed to Watkins Glen for a day trip with buddies. I am trying to decide what car I will get once Cam takes the Honda Accord, and I think it's down to three models. This week I'm going to try to get some test drives in so I can know what direction I want to take when we get back from Maryland in August.

Sunday night the kids had a bonfire with camp friends, and some of Cam's RIT roommates came over also. While the kids were enjoying themselves, Mark and I joined neighbors at their fire pit. What a wonderful night, and weekend. Just so much fun spending time with friends on beautiful summer nights. Priceless!

This week will find us back in the routine of Annalisse volunteering and working on her online class, Cam looking for a place to live, and Mark and I working (booooo!). For the upcoming weekend I will be hitting the road again as I run back up north for a baby shower and spend the night at Mary's Saturday night. Sooooo busy, but such a full life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move