You know how much of a Star Wars geek I am, don't you? Well, not everyone has actually seen Star Wars (I know! I can't believe it either). So, if you've never seen it, you'd better watch this.
Last weekend Annalisse went to the freshman dance with 18 of her closet friends. Unfortunately, she did not have a date with an actual boy, but that's really a blessing in disguise because, as much as she likes to "talk the talk," she's not ready to "walk the walk" and is very hesitant about boys (Whew! I can relax a little longer on that one!). Anyway, between having her braces off and a new hair-do (combined with a new dress, new jewelry, and new shoes), she was all gussied up and off to a friends house by 5:30pm for group pictures. All the girls looked so nice! The best thing was they had a lot of fun at the dance itself - not always the case as sometimes the prep is funner than the actual event. I'm sure talk will now turn to next year's 10th grade dance, during which the kids will kick it up a notch with gowns, tuxedos and limo rentals. As Nonnie used to say, oh mamma mia!
Now, I don't mean to keep going on about this, but here's another reason we moved to the Village of Fairport : the street party. The picnic has been going on a lot longer than we've lived here, but for the last couple of years we have held it, during which we block off the street, on the Friday night after the first day of school. It seems a fitting way to celebrate getting through the first three days, and the kids (and parents) don't need to worry about getting up early the next morning. Everyone brings something to throw on the grill, drinks, and a dish to pass. With (at last count) 23 kids on the street all under the age of 14, it's a great sight to see the kids enjoying themselves playing after-dark games, riding bikes and generally enjoying all being outside at once. It reminds me of "the good old days" when kids actually played outside every day/night!
OMG am I cranky! So cranky and lazy that I have not managed a post since Christmas. The winter blues are in full force, and this winter has been very brutal so far; freezing temps, tons of snow, and cloudy, dark days. In fact, we have not even had our Greco Christmas yet as it has been postponed twice because of hazardous weather conditions. I really could use some sun and surf right about now. Seriously! But, the new year is marching on. Cam is busy learning his new job, and on Monday Annalisse started her new rotation at St. Peter's Health Partners in Albany. She will be there for 10 weeks, then starting (I think) her community rotation. It's going fast, and I am wishing it away a little because I really want spring! It's hard to believe she will be done with "school" for good soon. Well, mostly. She still needs to finish her online master's degree, but I think she'll definitely need a break from academics (with the exception of studying for the RD exa...
Comments